Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Letters...

I miss the time when people wrote each other letters.
Letters... all kinds of letters. Love letters, Christmas greeting cards, friends' letters, parents and relatives' letters...
Letters had this kind of exciting, romantic curiosity, letters meant that thoughts had to be "spoken" clearly in a nice handwriting, they meant time of reflection to discover the right words ...
Today, we've all replaced letters by e-mails, SMS, phone calls...so many new ways to communicate, faster, more efficient, however, so "cold". On the other hand, these new communication gadets bring so many hidden dangers, loss of privacy being one of them. We never know who's on the other side of the line, "spying" our secrets.
So, this year, as usual, I'll send some Christmas greeting cards to my friends.
( and some are so beautiful,... specially those painted by the handicapped and children)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

More and more, letters are forgotten by people... Well...
I don't miss letters because since I remember I never write one (only, at school!), but I understand that people that some years ago deal with them, they miss them! Letters have being replaced by internet and technology.... But, if we think about it, you're true, if letters return to our lives, maybe the comunication will be simpler, therefore, more beautiful!

People, don't forget Christmas' letters...

Bye!

10:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nowadays, already aren’t written many letters. The progress and the discoveries have been made of a constant form, attending a true technological evolution to it. It seems that the letters had been substituted by the SMS and e-mails.
People prefer to use the electronic post because this is very fast: a message of electronic post will can to delay only some seconds, even if transmitter is, for example, in U.S.A. and the receiver in Portugal. The content of the messages of electronic post can be more diversified A message of electronic post normally is constituted by text, but this text can be followed by files of graphs, videos…
Therefore, we attend, more and more, to the reduction of the letters. I think that, although the technology can be useful, must be continued to make use of the traditional letters; We can take advantage of Christmas to send some postcards.

7:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with teacher. Letters give some traditional feelings to the addresses that, SMS, for example, don’t give. When we received a letter we stay very excited and curious to know who wrote the letter, and what he or she tells about or life, because, sometimes who wrote the letter is very far away.
In my case I like receive letters because I have family in other countries and specially in this time of the year, they send me letters and of course, this is an manner of wish to me and my families, an happy Christmas and a happy new year…2007. So let’s go to send letters to preserve this beautiful tradition…

2:54 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I believe that more than ever letters are forgotten by people. Nowadays, with development of new technologies, almost anyone write letters, they prefer to use e-mails, SMS, and others because it’s more fast and do the same thing. One the other hand, I think that when we receive a letter, sometimes, we can feel the feelings of letter and understand what are the ideas of people that wrote the letter. So, in my point of view this tradition shouldn’t be lost, because it’s very beautiful, and I don’t believe that people don’t like to receive letters now and then!

4:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home