Friday, December 15, 2006

Holidays...

Books are tossed away from their minds and routines.
Today, students can finally take a deep breath and start their Winter holidays. After a long term, with many assignments given by teachers to evaluate their knowledge, they are now waiting for their reward, that is, good grades.
Many will be disappointed because they know they can do better, others will celebrate, unfortunately, many others won't even care. School is no longer a place where kids go to learn. They see school as a bore, as a place where they have to be because they are forced. It 's urgent to change that. School and teachers are very important in their lives and they are shaping these youngsters' future. So, school must teach them to be competitive, capable and able to fit in society to succeed.
To my students, I simply say, "Merry Christmas" and have a good time.
See you next year!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi teacher! Fortunately, we're on holidays! It's a good time to forget our school books, homeworks, and other things... In this way, teachers can rest of us for some days ;)...
Finally I can sleep a little bit more than 7 or 8 hours, without worries that sometimes they appeared in our nightmares...
I don't know if I would support more days to work.. It was a long term!

It was the first time that I really felt that I needed holidays... In this year, students' work became more demanding, all people could note it... My head was exhausted (maybe because I demanded so much of myself), sometimes in dinner time, my eyes closed themselves, even if I wanted or not...
On 7h December, when our tests finally ended, when I arrived my home at 5PM, I asleep to watch TV... My mother call me to eat something at 9PM, and then I asleep again, I only get up at 11.30AM, it's because I'll go to school in the afternoon! It seems sleeping sickness! ;)
Now, all I wish is that we're rewarded for our effort... In spite of all, I'll try to do better in next term...

Have a good time!!
Kisses for all of you!

12:38 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holidays…
This is a wonderful word because in time of holidays we must finally rest. In time of school with the evaluation tests, and other assignments we, students, are very tired and without time to do other things.
Nowadays, many students spend their time in the school because they are obligated to. However I think that fact are decreasing.
Everybody likes to be in holidays, and specially in case of students, I think that it’s a good reward, after their long school effort!!!
For teacher, I say Merry Christmas too, and I hope that next year brings many good things...

2:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home