Thursday, May 11, 2006

Visiting London VI

Monday morning...
The sun is shining and we have a stop at Trafalgar Square. It's time to see the place, and to try a cup of coffee at Costa's. Here, in Trafalgar, the Costa Cafe is in the upper stage of a big bookstore. The atmosphere is relaxed and quite intellectual at the same time.
Then, we walk through The Mall, a very large avenue that takes us to Buckingham Palace.
Once there, we find that tourists from all over the world try to find the best place to see the Changing of the Guard.
We do the same and watch a nice ceremony.
After, Madame Tussauds is our next stop. Students enjoy the place, hundreds of photos are taken next to famous" people"
Mourinho is one of the most wanted...
After a " delicious " lunch, other museums are waiting.
Natural History Museum or Science Museum...Students are given the chance to decide which one they want to visit.
I decided to go to the Natural History Museum, one of the main reasons is that I love the subject and because I've already visited the Science Museum before.
In the afternoon , we all have time to go shopping. However, there's so much to see that's impossible not have a sense of frustration... we wished for more time. Picadilly, Oxford Street are the places to shop.
See you tomorrow...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Monday... yes, I remember...

I loved that day very much!! Madame Tussauds was the best place that we visited... "Wax people" seemed real!! Sometimes, I didn't know what was real or not! Impossible to explain... I felt myself like a film's character, it was small fantasy world...
I would like to explain better, but I can't!! People have to see with their own eyes!
I took a lot of photos but it can't show how this experience was important for me!
So, I'm telling you exactly what is on my mind...
Teachers, thanks for you had organizated this beautiful and successful trip!

Patrícia 10ºD

4:08 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home