Friday, June 18, 2010

R.I.P Portuguese Literature Nobel Prize...

José Saramago, the Portuguese Literature Nobel Prize, has just died in his home in Lanzarote, Spain.
José Saramago left the Portuguese and the world an enormous legacy in Literature. His literary works are of great pride for all the portuguese.
The Portuguese cultural scene is now poorer.
He wrote fabulous books such as Memorial do Convento, Levantado do Chão, Todos os Nomes and for me, a masterpiece Ensaio sobre a Cegueira ...to name but a few.
Rest In Peace.

2 Comments:

Blogger Patrícia said...

José Saramago was a great portuguese writer. Sincerely, I didn't like "Memorial do Convento" but maybe I like others. I already heard to say that "Ensaio Sobre a Cegueira" is very good. You said the same. So, I believe :)

Love

10:21 pm  
Blogger Cátia said...

Estou plenamente de acordo contigo: a literatura portuguesa (e a mundial!) está agora mais pobre! Ensaio sobre a cegueira está sem nenhuma duvida entre os livros que mais gosto...

Rest in peace.

Beijinhos querida,
CA

10:48 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home